Given the latest Government update, we will be initiating the following response from Thursday 19th March:
- Maximum climber cap of 100 in the gym at any one time
- According to our recent facility attendance we usually do not have more than 100 in the gym at any one time, however we will monitor peak periods to meet requirements
- Yoga classes running at half capacity, with a maximum of 12 yogi’s per class and increasing spacing in between yoga mats *bookings essential
- Bringing your own yoga mat is a great help
- We are cleaning our yoga mats after every class
- Postponing all competition events coming up until further notice, including our April Boulder Bash
- Maintain significant increased levels of hygiene and cleaning frequency
- Mandatory hand washing with soap before and after climbing
- Paper towels for drying hands
Youth classes will continue to run at this stage, as all classes already include a cap on numbers and their climbing time is outside of peak periods. We will monitor this situation and update as necessary.
It’s a great time to see if you can squeeze in a day time boulder session and avoid our peak periods which are weekday evenings, and weekend mornings.
We will continue to reset fun and exciting new boulder problems, and to facilitate our classes at limited capacity. We will also continue to monitor the situation and update our response as necessary.
As a community you can also help by:
- Regularly (mandatory) wash your hands thoroughly before and after climbing, using fitness equipment, bathroom or consuming food.
- Practice good sneeze and cough hygiene (coughing into your elbow, used tissues in bin)
- Wipe down fitness equipment after use
- Use alcohol based liquid chalk, available at Northern Rocks
- Maintain space between you and your peers
- Avoid touching your face, nose or mouth before washing hands
- If you are feeling unwell, have travelled recently or been in contact with anyone at risk of CV19, follow WHO guidelines and avoid the gym for a few days.
A good chance to set up your hang board at home!
If we all did these steps, our facility would go a long way to reduce community transmission.
For more Covid-19 health advice please call the Ministry of Health info line: 0800 358 5453
Northern Rocks Team