We are open at all Protection (Traffic Light) levels, and we’re pumped to see you at Northern Rocks!
The Government have recently announced changes to the traffic light system. We are moving to the Orange level from 11:59pm Wednesday 13th April.
The key points that affect Northern Rocks are as follows:
- Vaccine passes are no longer required
- There are no capacity limits, so visitors no longer need to check out when leaving the facility
- Contact tracing by way of scanning the Govt QR code is no longer be required, however QR codes will still be available for scanning
- Masks are encouraged while not exercising
Northern Rocks will continually update the health and safety plan in response to government guidelines and mandates on operating procedures. You can read the latest updates here: https://covid19.govt.nz/
Northern Rocks will do everything reasonably practicable to ensure the health and safety of our staff and customers. The guidelines set out below are intended to assist in the prevention of the transmission of COVID-19 among colleagues, participants, volunteers, visitors, families, and the broader community.
Help us keep up healthy habits:
- New members and 10-punch pass holders are welcome! If you would like to purchase a membership you can do so online to save time:
- Scanning in using the Covid-19 contract tracing system is no longer required however you may do so with QR codes available
- All visitors must also check in at reception with a staff member prior to beginning climbing as part of our regular health and safety procedure
- Customers encouraged to maintain a safe social distance as much as is practical
- Sanitize or wash hands on arrival
- Sanitize or wash hands regularly throughout your session
- Staff will maintain increased regular cleaning of all surfaces and spaces
- After using equipment in the fitness area, spray and wipe down equipment and surfaces used with the cleaning products available
- The roller doors and front doors will remain open as much as possible to assist with generous airflow throughout the facility
- If you are feeling unwell, have been in contact with a known Covid-19 case, or displaying cold or flu symptoms, please stay home and return when you are well.
- Climbing shoes for rent will be available. Used rental shoes must be placed in the ‘used’ bucket. Used shoes will be sanitized before being available for reuse.
- Those practicing yoga are encouraged to bring their own yoga mat and equipment such as a block.
- Bouldering classes, yoga and holiday programs are going ahead!
- Please check the schedule for new dates: https://www.northernrocks.co.nz/classes/
Thank you for your continued support, we love our community and can’t wait to see you at Northern Rocks!
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out by email [email protected]
The Northern Rocks Team :)