You might be wondering what is happening at Northern Rocks in response to the Coronavirus. Our team at Northern Rocks would like to let all of you know that we are taking the situation seriously and will be paying attention to the most up to date information available.
We all need to come together to face this challenge as a community. What can you do?
- Regularly (mandatory) wash your hands thoroughly before and after climbing, using fitness equipment, bathroom or consuming food.
- Practice good sneeze and cough hygiene (coughing into your elbow, used tissues in bin)
- Wipe down fitness equipment after use
- Use alcohol based liquid chalk
- Bring your own yoga mat to classes
- If you are feeling unwell, have traveled recently or been in contact with anyone at risk of CV19, follow WHO guidelines and avoid the gym for a few days. A good chance to set up your hang board at home!
If we all did these steps, our facility would go a long way to reduce community transmission.
How is Northern Rocks responding?
- Increased measures in all areas of hygiene, including extensive and frequent cleaning to all surfaces, areas, fitness equipment, social spaces, handles and railings, general equipment and so on.
- disinfected all climbing wall surfaces and frequently change routes and wash climbing holds, increasing sterilization of rental gear and general cleaning
- hand sanitizer, soap and hygiene supplies available for personal use at the gym
- Mandatory for climbers to wash hands before and after climbing
- Paper towels for drying hands after washing – please dispose in the bins available
- Awareness among staff and community
- Boulder Bash postponed
We will be closely monitoring the situation and will update our response as necessary.
Please keep an eye out for updates.
For more Covid-19 health advice please call the Ministry of Health info line: 0800 358 5453
Northern Rocks Team