WE ARE OPEN FROM 3RD DECEMBER 2021!
WE’RE SUPER EXCITED TO SEE YOU AT NORTHERN ROCKS!
We are pumped to see you back at Northern Rocks from 3rd December 2021 under Protection Level RED.
Northern Rocks will do everything reasonably practicable to ensure the health and safety of our staff and customers during this alert level. The guidelines set out below are intended to assist in the prevention of the transmission of COVID-19 among colleagues, participants, volunteers, visitors, families, and the broader community.
Under the health and safety legislation as a business, we understand that we have a duty of care to manage the risks of COVID-19 entering or spreading in our workplace. We understand that we may not be able to eliminate the risk completely, instead we will consider other ways to reduce the risk as far as reasonably practicable.
Northern Rocks will continually update the health and safety plan in response to government guidelines and mandates on operating procedures.
- New members and 10-punch pass holders are welcome! If you would like to purchase a membership you can do so online to save time:
- All memberships will be unfrozen from the date of reopening
- All prepaid memberships will have their memberships extended for the duration of the lockdown
- All billed memberships will be processed on the day of reopening; the bill will be comprised of 2 weeks credit from August closure, and the remaining amount of days left within the current month of December
- Full membership billing will resume on the 1st of the following month, 1st January
- Any membership questions can be directed to [email protected]
Vaccines & Masks:
- In order to open, Northern Rocks must comply with the Government’s Covid-19 Protection Framework, including vaccine requirements for gyms. Therefore, Vaccine certificates will be required by all individuals who enter the premises and who are eligible to receive the vaccine 12yrs and over.
- Those who are not yet eligible to receive the vaccine ie. under 12yrs old are also very welcome to enter the facility
- Vaccine certificates will be presented to staff on entry and confidentially recorded under your account, so that you don’t have to present proof at every visit. Staff members may verify your vaccine pass through the Government App, NZ Pass Verifier.
You can download the My Vaccine Pass here: Download My Vaccine Pass.
- Masks must be worn while in the facility
- All staff and all visitors must sign in using the Covid-19 contract tracing system
- All visitors must also check in at reception with a staff member prior to beginning climbing
- All visitors must check out at reception when they are leaving the facility, by speaking with a staff member at reception.
- The above measures help us monitor who is in the facility at any one time, and track current capacity
- Safe physical distancing of 1m must be observed by all visitors within the facility. Staff will maintain 1m physical distancing between one another as much as is practicable.
- Yoga classes will maintain 1m distancing between participants and will have capacity limits.
- Fitness gym will allow for 4 people at any one time.
- Facility inductions carried out by staff members for new climbers will take place with additional physical distancing precautionary measures.
- Signage will be in place to remind visitors of social distancing measures
- Capacity limits will be in place to ensure social distancing measures are able to be met and according to the Government guidelines
- If you are able to plan your session during off peak hours, please do so
- There is no limit to your climbing time, however if we are at capacity and there is a queue waiting, please be mindful and leave the facility when you have finished climbing to leave space for another climber!
- Sanitize or wash hands on arrival
- Sanitize or wash hands regularly throughout your session
- Staff will maintain increased regular cleaning of all surfaces and spaces
- After using equipment in the fitness area, spray and wipe down equipment and surfaces used with the cleaning products available
- The roller doors and front doors will remain open as much as possible to assist with generous airflow throughout the facility
- If you are feeling unwell, have been in contact with a known Covid-19 case, or displaying cold or flu symptoms, please stay home and return when you are well.
- Climbing shoes for rent will be available. Used rental shoes must be placed in the ‘used’ bucket. Used shoes will be sanitized before being available for reuse.
- Those practicing yoga are encouraged to bring their own yoga mat and equipment such as a block.
- Classes and holiday programs may proceed with additional safety measures in place. Small groups will be split between coaches and physical distancing observed. Please see a staff member or website regarding any classes or bookings.
- Adult climbing classes and yoga classes may proceed with a capacity limit and physical distancing observed. Yoga classes are currently on hold however we may add classes to the schedule after reopening. Please check the schedule for new dates: YOGA SCHEDULE
Thank you for your continued support we love our community and can’t wait to see you all in here again soon!
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out by email [email protected]
The Northern Rocks Team 🙂