CHALK UP, WE’RE OPENING!
However, there will be some new procedures at the gym to comply with level 2 restrictions. We ask you to help us in ensuring our facility stays safe and healthy for you and for our staff.
Northern Rocks will open on Thursday 14th and Friday 15th May for MEMBERS and PUNCH PASS HOLDERS ONLY.
From Saturday 16th May, Northern Rocks will be open for EVERYONE including members and non-members.
If you have climbed with us before but you don’t have a membership or punch card or would like to renew, they are available online: ONLINE MEMBERSHIPS
ALL memberships were either frozen or continued on request during the lockdown. Frozen memberships will be unfrozen and automated billing for EFT members will resume on Thursday 14th May. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding memberships.
There will be new procedures to follow when you enter Northern Rocks:
- Northern Rocks is open to Members and Punch Pass holders on Thursday 14th & Friday 15th May
- Open to all climbers including non-members and new climbers from Saturday 16th May
- We will be following govt guidelines on maximum capacity and monitoring numbers closely. If you are able to plan your session during the day in off peak times, then do so!
- Guests will thoroughly wash their hands before checking in at reception. ALL guests including spectators must check in at reception, and check out when leaving the facility to assist with contact tracing
- Maintain social distancing while in facility at all times
- Mandatory hand washing before, during and after climbing, using fitness equipment, bathroom or consuming food. There will be a hand washing station available. Bring your own hand sanitizer!
- We highly recommend using Alcohol based liquid chalk due to the alcohol content acting to help sanitize your hands and our holds. We will have Friction Labs liquid chalk available for purchase.
- If you’d like a hot drink, bring your own mug or reusable cup and we’ll top up your caffeine needs 🙂
Good practices you can follow:
- Bring your own pre-filled drink bottle
- Practice good sneeze and cough hygiene (coughing into your elbow, used tissues in bin)
- Wipe down fitness equipment after use
- Shower at home rather than at Northern Rocks
- If you are feeling unwell, have traveled recently or been in contact with anyone at risk of CV19, follow WHO guidelines, stay at home and avoid the gym for a few days.
Northern Rocks will continue our increased measures in all areas of hygiene, including extensive and frequent cleaning to all surfaces, areas, fitness equipment, social spaces, handles and railings, general equipment and so on.
Youth classes are estimated to resume from 1st June, when (hopefully) the govt announce revised regulations on group bookings allowing more than 10 people. We will email all youth participants separately with the information and any changes.
In the meantime, youth are welcome to climb at Northern Rocks in their own time, any day of the week! Great chance to get back into the swing of bouldering and get ready for when classes resume.
Yoga will also resume from 1st June and we will post our schedule on the website and facebook, keep an eye out!
As always we will be closely monitoring any govt updates and will adjust our response as necessary. Please keep an eye out for updates.